Lead Analytics Engineer
About Spiritus Partners
We're building a platform to improve patient safety using cutting edge technologies including blockchain, and we’re looking for versatile technologists to join our team. Our ground-breaking product consists of trust and analytics services supporting an instrumented, interoperable and intelligent digital healthcare ecosystem.
Inspired by shared value principles, Spiritus supports innovation at the intersection of business, society and the academy. Our offices in Edinburgh's New Town are conveniently located for public transport, and we offer the option of working from home when appropriate. At Spiritus we are committed to diversity, inclusion, and fostering a close-knit, supportive work environment.
You will lead the architecture, design, and implementation of a comprehensive analytics capability for our groundbreaking cloud-based system for tracking medical devices throughout their lifecycle.
You will collaborate on key decisions around architecture, technology selection, development, and maintenance, and use your domain knowledge to help shape overall product direction. This is an opportunity to have a big influence on guiding company direction in an energizing environment, working with exciting new technologies. You’ll also research new data management methodologies and technologies and analyze their application to current needs.
Working closely with business analysts and clients to gather feature requests and convert them into actionable user stories, you'll then build robust implementations of these features to help users analyze and visualize complex data. You'll collaborate with others to scale the platform and improve and expand the CI/CD pipeline used to test and deploy our SaaS services.
You will feel comfortable working on your own initiative and sharing in the actual development – this is very much a hands-on role. You'll be working in a dynamic environment, co-ordinating tasks with a small team of highly motivated and skilled colleagues based at multiple locations, and over time you will grow your team as needed.
· 5+ years of experience in designing and building relational and dimensional databases and analytics ecosystem components
· Strong SQL skills, excellent understanding of data modelling and database design and administration. Good knowledge of commonly used SQL and NoSQL database technologies, e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra
· Proficiency in at least one general purpose programming language commonly used in data applications (e.g. Python, Java) and familiarity with data-specific languages such as R
· Solid understanding of large-scale data integration and data quality management, and experienced at diagnosing data performance issues and optimising schemas and queries
· Familiar with technologies for distributed data storage at scale, business intelligence, and data visualisation, and able to make effective technology choices in these areas
· Experience releasing services using resilient cloud-based deployments
· Sound understanding of REST APIs, service-oriented architecture and microservices
· Agile development experience using collaborative development tools such as Git and Jira
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
· Healthcare industry experience
· Geospatial data analytics (e.g. ArcGIS)
· Graph database concepts and implementation
· Interest in blockchain/distributed ledger technology
Equal employment opportunity statement
We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status and disability. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements with you.arrangements with you.